Sunday, May 8, 2011

Derby Day and my new favorite Holiday

What a great weekend! We decided to dress up for the Kentucky Derby and we had my folks and sister over to celebrate Mother's Day a day early. Made mint juleps (who knew they were basically just straight whiskey!) and even put Zoe in a hat...too cute!



this is her "why are you dressing me up like a doll?" face


yes, that's Taylor in seersucker...totally embraced the Derby wear!



For my 1st Mother's Day, Taylor took Zoe and I to the Fort Worth Club for this massive brunch. It was pretty awesome, and the hour nap I got to take to recover when we got home was even better.



I love being a new mommy....and I have to say, having a whole day dedicated to you isn't bad either! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had the best first mother's day, Dawn!

    Adorable pictures...you look great! And get excited for the wedding when there will be unlimited mint juleps at our post-dinner cigar bar :)

    Love,
    LAH

    ReplyDelete