Monday, March 14, 2011

2 months


Zoe turned 2 months old on Friday the 11th. Went to the pediatrician to get her first big round of vaccines and it actually wasn't too bad. I think Daddy and I were more scared of the shots then she was, and baby Tylenol definitely got her some good naps after the fact. We also decided to see if we could pull the plug on the 2 am feeding and it worked. We've now had 3 nights in a row of 9+ hours of sleep which is awesome! And she even pulled it off in the pack n play since this week we're housesitting for some family friends for spring break. I just love that she is a go with the flow baby- for now at least....did I just jinx myself?!? Let's hope not!

2 month stats:
Weight: 11 lbs, 3 oz (63%)
Height: 22.5 inches (57%)
Head: 39.2 cm (63%)

So pretty average as far as size goes which I guess is good! On a sadder note, this is my last week home with my little Z. Go back to work on Monday which I'm kinda torn about. I am ready to see all my work friends and have an identity besides just Zoe's mommy, but I am so going to miss being with her all day. And I'm trying not to stress about the schedule and her breastfeeding. I plan to pump at work which lets pray goes ok...(hopefully I won't be in trial right at the beginning b/c I can just see it now, "excuse me Judge, can the State have a brief recess? My boobs need a break." don't know if that's a valid excuse but lets hope it flies) I am so thankful that Taylor is going to spend the last 2 weeks of March with Zoe. It will definitely make the transition to daycare in April much easier. I'm just bummed b/c I feel like we have our schedule down pat and now it's going to all change. And I have no idea how I'm going to pull off getting up in the morning to get myself dressed and in a suit (should probably try those on to see if they even fit!) and getting Zoe fed and dressed and entertained. But I guess working moms all over make it work so I will figure it out too! (I foresee a post soon on this...stay tuned!)




2 comments:

  1. Aww she's getting so big! So nice to have a "go with the flow" baby. :) Don't worry about pumping at work. It'll work out and you'll be a pro in no time. And hey, if it doesn't, you've already given her two+ solid months of breastfeeding, which is great. You just do what makes mommy and baby the most happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so cute...and long! Sorry you have to go back to work so soon. Funny though...have you heard about those pumps that you "wear" under your shirt while work, etc? Supposedly, they don't stick out far!! haha. I wonder if they would make that pumping noise while you were in trial! haha!

    ReplyDelete